Saturday, May 18, 2013

Back to the Boatyard

There's always a bit of a letdown after a trip.  One returns to the mundane: bills to be paid, a car that might need a jump start, laundry and grocery shopping, and scads of backed-up emails.  How tempting to look at the jet plane flying overhead, and wish to be on it.  

On the other hand, I am always overwhelmingly grateful for the warm shower, the comfortable bed, the ability to regulate heat and eating to my liking, and safety.  Gifts not to be taken lightly.  There's no place like home.

There will always be another jet plane.  In the meantime... 

It's back to the Boatyard!  

My second chapbook, The Boatman's Daughter, begins advance sales on Monday, so my thoughts  return to proofreading, the promo tour and social media marketing.  

Thanks for following these adventures, and for your various comments on Facebook. I appreciate the time you take to stop by and read, and hope you'll join me in the Boatyard for some poetic adventures!  

See you there!
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment