Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Oh, afflicted city..."


I just received word from a friend that last night, L'Aquila had four good-sized earthquakes. My heart just dropped as I thought of those dear new friends I have made there, and have written about here.

I can't find any news on the internet, but found this on Facebook (courtesy of Joshua John Lawrence, who keeps a FB page on L'Aquila):

"The center of L'Aquila will be closed for the next 48 hours as a precaution. Two earthquakes just below 4.0 on the Richter scale were felt near Montereale. This is a safety measure but my heart still goes out to those brave souls who reopend stores and restaurants on the few accesible streets downtown."

After some time on my knees, I am writing for prayer...asking God for mercy. Will you join me?

1 comment: